Business simulation

Starting my first business.

Starting my first business.

A hypertext narrative by

Marc Bet

Next

Word count: 1420

Choice count: 20

Section count: 13

Image count: 13

Error count: 0

Field Related Analysis:

Business : 21 matches (business plan, business, businesses, clients, company, compete, entrepreneur, investment, lead, leads, management, manager, market, marketing, money, profitable, retail, service, store, to compete, trend)

Computer Science : 14 matches (choice, dedicated, digital, failure, location, manager, menu, online, open, path, physical, population, skip, store)

Tourism : 14 matches (Agency, Business Plan, City, Food, Marketing, Menu, Portion, Restaurant, Restaurants, density, digital, marketing, online, stop)

Target Structure:

ins-and-outs (1 match)

OJT (1 match)

purpose (1 match)

though (1 match)

thoughtful (1 match)

time management (1 match)

wage (1 match)

Next

Starting my first business.

The brainstorm.

I've been putting money aside for the past 5 years because I knew I'd want to reinvest it one day to start my business career. It will be though being a "straight a" student and an entrepreneur, but I've been training my time management skills, so I'll be able to pull it off. There is no OJT and no wage in business, so I'll have to work hard to learn all the ins-and-outs of it and be profitable. Although these disadvantages can lead people to be skeptical about this career path, I am determined to make it in the business realm; it is my purpose. To start my first business, I'll have to brainstorm ideas. I need to find thoughtful ideas, study their markets, and create a thorough business plan. It took me a few hours, but I came up with a few interesting ideas. Which one should I go for?

Choice 1 : Opening a restaurant.

Choice 2 : Start a marketing agency

Choice 3 : Open a store

Choice 4 : Start a delivery service

Brainstorm

Opening a restaurant.

I will start in the food industry. Montreal is a multicultural city, so I will base my restaurant on that. The menu will have a specialty of each culture. I prepared everything and the operational plan is ready to be executed. I still need to decide the final and most important choice. Should I choose a place and location which focuses on sit-downs or take-outs and deliveries?

Choice 1 : Focus on sit-downs

Choice 2 : Focus on take-outs and deliveries.

Restaurant

Starting a marketing agency.

I will start in the marketing industry. Montreal is the metropolis of Quebec, so it's the city with the most businesses in the province. A lot of older businesses don't realise the importance of marketing to bring in new clients, so I will bring the solution to them. I prepared everything and the operational plan is ready to be executed. I still need to decide the final and most important choice. Should I focus on traditional marketing or digital marketing?

Choice 1 : Focus on traditional marketing

Choice 2 : Focus on digital marketing

Marketing

Opening a store.

I will start in the retail industry. Montreal is the metropolis of Quebec, so it's the city with the most inhabitants in the province. The high population density is great for retail. I prepared everything and the operational plan is ready to be executed. I still need to decide the final and most important choice. Should I open a physical store or an online store?

Choice 1 : Open a physical store

Choice 2 : Open an online store

Retail

Starting a delivery service.

I will start in the delivery industry. Montreal is the metropolis of Quebec, so it's the city with the most businesses in the province. A lot of businesses don't have a delivery service which leads to missing out on a big portion of their market, so I will bring the solution to them. I prepared everything and the operational plan is ready to be executed. I still need to decide the final and most important choice. Should I focus on restaurant delivery or retail delivery?

Choice 1 : Focus on restaurant deliveries

Choice 2 : Focus on retail deliveries

Delivery

Focusing on sit-downs.

The government is restricting sit-downs because of the pandemic and my business is based on that. The business is not profitable, so I have to shut it down. I am motivated and determined to make it in the business realm, so I will not let this failure stop me. It's back to square one: brainstorming.

Choice 1 : Back to the brainstorm

Bankrupt

Focusing on take-outs and deliveries.

The government is restricting sit-downs because of the pandemic. People are confined, but they still want to eat good food from restaurants. The business is profitable, so I hired a manager to run it and a director to grow it. Now, I am able to focus on opening a new business to grow my empire. It's back to square one: brainstorming.

Choice 1 : Back to the brainstorm

Sucess

Focusing on traditional marketing.

Businesses are not interested in traditional marketing anymore because it's outdated and the ROI (return on investment) is low. The business is not profitable, so I have to shut it down. I am motivated and determined to make it in the business realm, so I will not let this failure stop me. It's back to square one: brainstorming.

Choice 1 : Back to the brainstorm

Bankrupt

Focusing on digital marketing.

Businesses are interested in digital marketing because it's modern and the ROI (return on investment) is high. The business is profitable, so I hired a manager to run it and a director to grow it. Now, I am able to focus on opening a new business to grow my empire. It's back to square one: brainstorming.

Choice 1 : Back to the brainstorm

Success

Opening a physical store.

The government is restricting non-essential activities because of the pandemic, so people are staying in their homes. Very few people are coming to my store. The business is not profitable, so I have to shut it down. I am motivated and determined to make it in the business realm, so I will not let this failure stop me. It's back to square one: brainstorming.

Choice 1 : Back to the brainstorm

Bankrupt

Opening an online store.

The government is restricting non-essential activities because of the pandemic, so people are staying in their homes. People still want to shop, so online shopping is the new trend. The business is profitable, so I hired a manager to run it and a director to grow it. Now, I am able to focus on opening a new business to grow my empire. It's back to square one: brainstorming.

Choice 1 : Back to the brainstorm

Success

Focusing on restaurant deliveries.

Multinationals such as Uber Eats and Skip The Dishes already deliver for most of the restaurants in town. I am struggling to compete with them. The business is not profitable, so I have to shut it down. I am motivated and determined to make it in the business realm, so I will not let this failure stop me. It's back to square one: brainstorming.

Choice 1 : Back to the brainstorm

Bankrupt

Focusing on retail deliveries.

Most retail stores don't have delivery systems and no company is taking care of their deliveries. My business is dedicated to help them. The business is profitable, so I hired a manager to run it and a director to grow it. Now, I am able to focus on opening a new business to grow my empire. It's back to square one: brainstorming.

Choice 1 : Back to the brainstorm

Success

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About this blog

Glossary Content Maketing

Commerce Glossary